What is Integrity?
Integrity means being strong and having strong moral principles. A person with integrity does things ethically behaves and does the right thing, even behind closed doors.
Integrity determines a person’s reputation and when we have integrity, we as individuals gain the trust of our leaders, colleagues, and Team. we become more Accountable Actions and Role models for others to follow.
Examples of personal integrity
The following examples of personal Integrity include:
4. keeping promises
5. Accepting Responsibilities
6. Not Gossiping about others
9. Strong moral compass
10. Customer/staff prioritization.
How to Develop and Preserve Our Integrity
We as individuals can develop and preserve our Integrity through the following ways:
1. Define your Goals: You can’t live by values if you don’t define your core Goals. These core Goals help us individuals to have a focus in other to achieve our Aims and objectives.
2. Analyze Every choice you make: often people cut corners or make bad choices when they think no one is watching. Honesty and Integrity should be built constantly, and these are values you should live by constantly at all times and not when it’s convenient.
3. Encourage Integrity: people with integrity often have the same characteristics; they are humbled and have strong self-confidence/self-esteem. These characteristics are important because most times you will be under intense pressure from others to make wrong choices.
Building and developing this characteristic is very important while developing friendships/Relationships with Persons who demonstrate this integrity. There is a proverb that says, “Like Attracts like”, in other words, persons with integrity are Attracted to like-minded persons with the same integrity/honesty as them.
4. Learn to take responsibility for your actions; If you a make mistake, own up to it immediately and do whatever it takes to make the situation right.
5. Avoid white lies: Lies may seem harmless, but tiny lies are still lies. Always tell the truth at all costs in other not to tarnish one’s image.
6. Avoid seeming self-satisfied when acting with integrity; Stay humble and down to earth, don’t look for self-approval, but rather be obedient to subordinate Authorities.
7. Always stick to your words and don’t make promises you know you can’t keep/fulfill.
Why is Integrity important?
Integrity is important in our daily lives as it makes us Accountable for our actions; paving the way for us to become Role models to those around us.
We Also gain the trust of our leaders, colleagues, and team members when we perform tasks and Take responsibility for our actions, and all of this in turn directly influences our success in life. Summary: In ESSENCE as individuals, developing friendships and relationships with others who demonstrate integrity and who will support your decision Builds our self-esteem/Confidence.